Saturday, December 24, 2005

Wafah bin Ladin*

If last week, i blogged about Carmen bin Ladin's latest book, 'Inside the Kingdom', today i found a piece of article on her eldest daughter, Wafah, in the NST. I was flabbergasted upon reading the article and seeing her semi naked photo in a bathtub (?). I wonder what would her mother think of her when she looks at her photos. Or maybe Carmen would just say, hey that's my girl! So much for her so-called 'American spirit'..
"NEW YORK (AP) -- Osama bin Laden's niece, in an interview with GQ magazine in which she appears scantily clad, says she has nothing in common with the al-Qaida leader and simply wants acceptance by Americans.

"Everyone relates me to that man, and I have nothing to do with him," Wafah Dufour, the daughter of bin Laden's half brother, Yeslam Binladin, says in the January edition of the magazine, referring to the al-Qaida leader.

"I want to be accepted here, but I feel that everybody's judging me and rejecting me," said the California-born Dufour, a law graduate who lives in New York. "Come on, where's the American spirit? Accept me. I want to be embraced, because my values are like yours. And I'm here. I'm not hiding."
*Dufour, who adopted her mother's maiden name after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks that have been blamed on bin Laden, appears in several provocative photos in the magazine.."
Also check her video interview via AP, here.

It is sad just because of the need to get away from people's negative perception of her association with her uncle, Osama Bin Ladin, she had to resort to such things and trying to be more American than the Americans themselves.
Now, why, oh why am i so interested with the Bin Ladens? Oh, well, nevermind.
Ho Ho Ho everyone! Happy weekend.

No comments: